An updated COVID-19 message from the Sandalford CEO
Monday, 23rd March 2020:
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and government regulations, Sandalford Wines in the Swan Valley and Margaret River will be closed until further notice. The health and wellbeing of our customers and staff remains our utmost priority.
Both our cellar doors remain closed until further notice, as is our Restaurant and Functions at Caversham, and all staff are on leave indefinitely.
Together we will get through this. Be safe, be kind to one another and drink good wine!
Thursday, 19th March 2020:
To our valued Sandalford Community,
OUR PRIORITY IS YOUR HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELLBEING WHEN VISITING WITH US.
Given the unfolding situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia and across the world, this is an update on the new and additional Health and Safety measures we have implemented at Sandalford Wines.
Firstly, we closely monitor the official health advice and guidance from both the WA State and Australian Federal Government, and have implemented all recommended measures (and some) aimed at safeguarding those who visit Sandalford Wines and spend time with us.
During this unprecedented moment in time, the Health, Safety and the Wellbeing of our guests, staff, families, friends and the general community at large is paramount. We have put in place many additional safe workplace practices and initiatives focused on Health and Wellbeing.
We also emphasize that Sandalford Wines remains very much open for business, and only after implementing the necessary additional steps to keep the Health and Wellbeing of all our staff and visitors as a top priority.
Sandalford’s Restaurant, Wedding Operations, Banquets & Conferences Department, Cellar Doors (Swan Valley and Margaret River), Wholesale Distribution, Wineclub, Winery (noting of course that Vintage 2020 is only a month away from completion), and all other parts of the Sandalford Wines business continue to operate seven days a week at this time.
We have always worked to the highest standards of cleanliness in and around our facilities, and more recently have taken those to a new level.
Key additional measures we have introduced to mitigate current risk issues identified include:
- Ensuring all Employees are continually updated with information about Coronavirus symptoms and transmission and the preventative measures;
- The provision of highest levels of staff awareness and clear instructions to them, regarding the best practice hygiene protocols;
- Provision of alcohol-based hand sanitisers across the Estate for guest convenience;
- All cutlery and crockery continues to be thoroughly cleaned, heated & sanitised with detergent/sanitiser;
- Tables, chairs, wine tasting benches and other touch points in our public areas are cleaned and sanitised continually;
- Additional spacing provided between Restaurant and Function tables and guests, and modified staff interaction for table service;
- Regular sanitising of public areas including restrooms;
- Upgraded sanitising protocols, throughout the day, in all customer areas across the Estate;
- Increased sanitising protocols in food preparation areas as well as service passes throughout the day and night;
- Refraining from hand shaking and general physical contact;
- Exponentially increased frequency of staff hand washing; and
- An indefinite ban on personal refillable keep cups for coffee, etc.
Our beautiful Vineyards in both the Swan Valley and Margaret River have always been a wonderful, sought after destination to escape life’s daily challenges, stress and grind, and we warmly welcome you to visit again very soon and then ongoing, to taste Wine, Dine in our Restaurant, enjoy a Wedding celebration and/or just visit the Estate to wander among the vines some of which were planted back in 1840, and of course our beautifully manicured grounds.
I assure you we will get your order to you quickly, wherever you are in Australia (by the way, you should ask for a special deal on wine, and I’m sure our staff will do everything possible to exceed your expectations in this regard.)
Among other, it firmly remains our objective to continue delivering the extraordinary Wine and Wine Hospitality experiences for which Sandalford Wines has long been acclaimed. We value the loyalty and trust you have shown in our business and team over the last 180 years.
We are fully and I really mean fully, committed to ensuring Sandalford’s business continuity and supporting our guests through these times, and all the while ensuring we fully comply with all the regulations introduced, and will continue to do so in the future as they evolve further to the best of our ability.
Chief Executive Officer
23 March 2020