Pastry Chef - Full time
Sandalford Estate is positioned on the doorstep of the scenic Swan Valley.
We are a multi-outlet award winning venue including a 250 seat a la carte restaurant, cellar door and multiple function areas catering for weddings, conferences, banquets, meetings and seminars, product launches, concert event functions and cocktail receptions.
We are currently seeking a creative and innovative Pastry Chef to join our pastry team!
To effectively and efficiently deliver pastry services at Sandalford and assist Senior Chef’s in leading the team to ensure that all organisational standards, quality control and relevant compliance requirements are met.
- In collaboration with the Executive chef, you will have creative freedom to develop new desserts for our seasonal menu changes
- Assisting with the training of the pastry team and ensuring they deliver on quality control
- Ensure preparation and cooking is completed daily and in line with the quality standards including:
- Submitting all food purchasing requirements to the Head Chef/Sous Chef
- Checking the quality of food delivered and ensuring all products are stored correctly and safely
- Ensure Pastry finish and polish meets service standards
- Carry out and ensuring food safety compliance at all times including:
- Develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with kitchen staff and front of house staff
- Working effectively with other departments and divisions
- Keep up-to-date with relevant internal and external changes
- Extensive pastry and baking experience with Certificate III as a minimum
- Experience in a similar role or responsibilities
- Previous restaurant a la carte kitchen experience – events experience favorable
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively in a fast paced and high-volume environment
- Clear communication skills, effective listening skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team, including the ability to supervise and train others
- You’re ready to work hard and will have fun doing it!
- Work with one of Western Australia’s most prominent hospitality groups, The Prendiville Group
- A fun, rewarding, and vibrant culture based on teamwork and hustle
- We’re offering great work hours and work/life balance predominantly Monday to Friday day shifts 7.30am to 3.30pm, 38 hour week.
- We are closed public holidays
- Staff benefits including food and beverage and room rate discounts across all Prendiville Group hotels
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Australian Citizens and permanent residents will only be considered.
We will only contact potential candidates for interview.